IBM Enterprise Cloud Marketplace
IBM have discovered something – the software world is changing. No longer do customers want to pay large sums of money for licenses followed by punitive maintenance for software that may rarely, if ever, be used, customers want to pay as they go and ensure they get value for their investment.
This is all part of the ‘as a service’ model that has emerged. You pay for what you use, when you use it, and when you stop using it, you stop paying.
This is easy with software ‘born in the cloud’, but what does one do with developers who have traditionally developed internally?
IBM’s answer is the Enterprise Cloud Marketplace. Organisations can now purchase best of breed ‘enterprise class’ software, using a ‘pay as you go’ model.
This changes the game for large organisations with large development environments who can now ensure:
- their developers are always working with the latest and greatest version of software in the cloud.
- that their developers can easily share their work.
- their developers can deploy applications on a regular basis to keep up with customer demands.
- that their deployed applications will always have the resources needed, no matter how high the demand becomes.
- that their deployed applications can securely access their existing on-premise systems so that they can evolve into the Cloud, or not as the case may be.
IBM has invited select business partners to participate in their Enterprise Cloud Marketplace on condition that they offer the levels of service required and understood by their customers.
Ostia are proud to have been selected as one of the first European organisations to be available in this environment offering best of breed technology to connect your on-premise data to the Cloud.
You can now find Portus on the IBM Cloud Marketplace.
Take a look at our Bluemix Video: Portus and IBM Bluemix Integration Demonstration Video